Author Topic: Goff Lineage  (Read 3322 times)

kaburkhamer

Goff Lineage
« on: February 08, 2014, 11:09:45 PM »
Hello,
I am new to this and just beginning the research. I have been able to trace my Goff history back to Kentucky. I have a Calvin Goff, b 1833? married to Rachel (Bratcher). According to the family history, his father was Isaac Goff married to Polly Reynolds. I found an old record of Isaac with a child listed as James C Goff, but that is the best. The census records (as you know) can be deciphered as an I or a T or a J

Has anyone been researching this line? I would like to confirm that this is actually Calvin before going further.

Thank you for any information.
Kimberlee Burkhamer

pgo1963

• GGFA Member
Re: Goff Lineage
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 11:10:28 PM »
Hi Kimberlee, please check out the April 1989 newsletter, which includes information on your family, including references to a family bible. I also urge you to write an article for the GGFA newsletter on your research, either focusing on the facts or the process of the search. Let me know if the 1989 newsletter info is helpful. Thanks,

Phil Goff

pgo1963

• GGFA Member
Re: Goff Lineage
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 09:08:14 AM »
Hi Kimberlee, want to make sure you are aware of the GGFA DNA Grant program, which is new since your post here. If your lineage can benefit from DNA testing and you are a GGFA member, the GGFA will sponsor the test, until the annual budget is met. If you are interested, please let me know. Thanks, Phil