Author Topic: Frank(lin) Goff (1830-1863) Middle Tenn. (White County Area)  (Read 3508 times)

MWilliams

• GGFA Member
Frank(lin) Goff (1830-1863) Middle Tenn. (White County Area)
« on: October 15, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »
My paternal grandmother was a Goff from middle Tennessee (Dekalb county). I am currently researching her Goff line and have hit somewhat of a brick wall. Maybe someone could help and point me in the right direction? I have traced my Goff line to Frank(lin) Goff (1830-1863) born and died in Tennessee (White county area). He married Nancy Childress in Dekalb county, TN on May 2, 1856. He was soldier in the civil war: 16th Regiment, Tennessee Infantry Company K. I believe his mother was Nancy Dildine. I believe he had a brother, James Madison Goff (1826-?) who moved from TN to Mill Spring, MO. James had a wife susan. I believe some of his line moved down to Arkansas/ Frank also had a sister Elizabeth Goff (1842-?) who married James Dove and stayed in TN (White and Warren counties). I am trying to find the father of Frank, James, and Elizabeth. Any help, tips, leads is very much appreciated. Thanks!

pgo1963

• GGFA Member
Re: Frank(lin) Goff (1830-1863) Middle Tenn. (White County Area)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »
Hi, Are you you from the Goff/Barlow family? If so, want to make sure you saw the January 2017 newsletter. I writing a short follow up article, based on autosomal results sponsored by the GGFA for a great-grandchild of Henry Goff b. 1809 NC. Thanks, Phil